Help

Re: Outlook Send Email Automation - Save in Drafts Folder Rather than Actually Send

Solved
Jump to Solution
723 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kschnaenberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello!

Our project managers often add personalized information to an automated email before sending to a client.  Is there a way to drop the email into the Office 365 drafts folder rather than actually sending it out?

I see an option with Zapier but was curious if there is means to do it within Airtable's internal automation as there is with purely sending an email.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This is only possible with scripting, or with an API automation tool like Zapier or Make. I would highly recommend Make over Zapier, because it is significantly cheaper yet infinitely more powerful than Zapier. It does have a bit of a learning curve, but I cover some basic navigation tips here.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This is only possible with scripting, or with an API automation tool like Zapier or Make. I would highly recommend Make over Zapier, because it is significantly cheaper yet infinitely more powerful than Zapier. It does have a bit of a learning curve, but I cover some basic navigation tips here.

Outlook has a rules system that can let you move emails you receive into "Drafts", so you could potentially use an automation to just send the email the project manager's account and get the rule to move it in

You wouldn't have the recipient's email in the "Send" section though, which...probably defeats the purpose here heh

Thanks! 

Tried that route.  Was working on a way to put the email address in the body of the email from Airtable, then a rule in Outlook to take that email and make is the To address in the draft but kept hitting a brick wall as we have other emails coming from the system too that acted up.  I think we have to go with Make / Zapier

Appreciate the help! 

Thanks Scott.  

Thought this was going to be the outcome, probably going with Make.