cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi.

When a form is submitted I want to send an email with a PDF of the submitted form.. I know how to create automation for an email, but now I ran into a problem of how to get that PDF. I already created how the PDF will look like with extension (Page designer) but I don't know how to automate that when the Form is submitted that the PDF is created (and also sent as attachment). So bottom line: I want that the PDF is created when the Form is submitted (and also if there is possibility, that this PDF is saved in the "attachemnt" field in the same Table). 

Thanks.

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Page Designer cannot be automated in any way.

To automate the process of creating a PDF, emailing the PDF, and/or attaching the PDF into an attachment field, you would need to use external tools to do this.

Currently, DocuMint is the most popular tool to automate the creation of PDFs from Airtable. DocsAutomator is another popular one.

However, you can use any external document-creation app or any PDF-creation app that you would like to use (even something as simple as Google Docs), and completely automate it with Make. There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld