3808 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eugenia88
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everybody, i have a problem with an automation, it worked for more than a year without problems, but now it stopped to working giving me this error: attachment url is disallowed. I specify that nothing has been changed in the trigger, nor in the file to be attached (it is the same pdf format), the trigger starts when it finds the conditions inserted (and this passes) but when the email is sent it fails. Can you help me solve? Thank you

19 Replies 19

Just happend to one of our automation, working in test , but failed to run in live.

Any ideas are welcome

Leo_Bonnefond
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here!

GianMarcoB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same problem

Erica_Bass
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also experiencing this issue on automations that have been working fine for 2+ years. I have a good handful of automations, many of which are complex so just redoing them all is an expensive try when it may not even fix the issue. 😢 Airtable Support please help!! (I have a ticket in as well but no response so far). 

Thanks!  

Please post here if anyone is able to find a solution.

We shouldn't have to spend a ton of time on workarounds for bugs in Airtable.

Nigel_Noble-Hea
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also opened a support ticket for it.

Sorry to revive this, but @ScottWorld , does Make allow for JavaScript or python to be written inside of it? Genuinely asking. If not, then I would say Zapier is much more powerful.

I’ve written up a brief summary of Make vs. Zapier here: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-vs-zapier/737

You can run JavaScript or Python in any Make scenario by using Make’s 0CodeKit automations & integrations.

0CodeKit offers lots of other cool functionality as well... much of this functionality is natively built into Make's 132 0CodeKit modules, but you can go beyond those 132 modules as well with the 0codeKit "Make An API Call" module.

Rafael_Oliveira
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have several automation that creates and updates records fill in Attachment field, with image, video and PDF, I have this record being created/updated with Script and with Create/Update Airtable actions, and I never got any issue.

I suggest you create another Base/Table with the process and see if the problem still happens. If so, you share this new Base/Table and we could analyse it deeply.

geoaware
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same issue.  However, if I wait a few minutes then try and send the email again, it works.

My theory is that the upload of the attachment is still happening behind the scenes and when the automation runs it is partially uploaded...and fails.  But if there is a delay long enough for the file to be fully uploaded, then it works... (I might be totally wrong here...but it makes sense to me)

So now I need to work out a way to create a delay in an automation so that when a record is created it waits a few minutes before it tries to send the email...

I wish that Airtable automations had a module that just allowed a delay!!!!