cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esteban_Gervill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey,
i have a base with many record that contain an email, next to this email field there is a checkbox field. I know how to add this email into a “link to another record” field in a different base if I check the box with automation.
But I don’t know how to remove it if I uncheck the box.
I want to remove just the mail of the box that are uncheck and keep those that are check.
tanks

7 Replies 7

Hi @Esteban_Gervilla ,

Welcome to Airtable Community!

To clear a value out of a field you insert 3 spaces " " (without the quotation marks)

Hope this helps

Esteban_Gervill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If I add space it remove every linked record the uncheck and check.
What I try to do is remove just the record link that came from an unchecked record and keep those with the record that have a checkbox checked

You remove it from the checked record not from the linked record.

So record A is checked and it is linked to record 1 which is also linked to other records (records B, C, D), yes?

You use the space on Record A not record 1

Hey, thanks I understand but things that I have forgot to say, my bad is that Record A have multiple checkbox that link also to multiple record
So same scenario with both record 1 and A : there is multiple linked record I want to remove just some of them
maybe a formula into integromat but I not know the function/formula.

I wonder if anyone has come up with a solution for this. I’m running into the same problem where my Companies are interested in/ linked to many Targets. In the Target table, I’m using the linked field to show which Companies are interested in which Targets. I want to be able to automate the removal of the link when Company loses interest so that the Target table is only showing active interest. I was also thinking a formula might be the trick…

Hi, I wondered if you know if this “space” trick is still working for automations? I searched a long time for this answer I can’t get it to work as described in Nov '22! Photo attached
! Screenshot 2022-11-23 092448|442x405

Hi @Dan_Hayward

Yes it still works. I just tried it right now and it removed the linked records. I believe those are only 2 spaces not 3. I say that because when I tried it right now the first “space” didn’t go through at first. Make sure they are 3 spaces and try it.