531 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieMullin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Emails sent via automations replace underscores with nothing, thereby corrupting the URLs, and other values, that contain underscores. I've read the many posts about this and still can't figure out the syntax to use to make this happen.

Here's an example screenshot:

CharlieMullin_0-1701462895846.png

What syntax would I use to ensure the Asset Location (URL) field values will retain any underscores?

I've tried single-quotes with parentheses, and/or brackets but am not having success.

Thoughts?

3 Replies 3

Can you give more details on the actual URL that you are embedding in your email? I am not experiencing any problems with underscores in my URLs that are sent out via automations.

I know that other people have reported this underscore problem in the past, but I am not seeing this on my end. (I've got my Airtable consulting clients setup with hundreds of automated emails with underscores in them, and they are emailing automated emails with no problems.)

If this is a bug, it should be reported to support@airtable.com.

Of course, if all else fails, you can always revert to Make's Airtable automations & integrations to send your emails. I'm the world's biggest cheerleader for Make, because I love it so much!

Hey ScottWorld, here is a URL value that is stored in a field:

https://corelogic.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/sites/ISSClientTrainingDocuments/Shared%20Documents/General/C...

Note that %20 instances have replaced most underscores except for the one between "Claims/MC" and "VE/MC_AddingCaptions" 

Here's a screenshot of that value as displayed in the automation email I receive:

CharlieMullin_0-1701722608538.png

Notice that the underscore between "Claims/MC" and "VE/MC_AddingCaptions" is missing, instead of being replaced by %20.

As a result, the URL is invalid.

Thoughts?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I would try using markdown syntax and see if it works. This is the markdown syntax:

[your text here](your URL here)

If markdown doesn’t work, I would report this problem to support@airtable.com, and in the meantime, I would recommend using Make to send your emails. I assembled some Make training resources here: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277