1279 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas_Voller-B
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think we need to revisit this: https://community.airtable.com/t/combining-text-column-url-column-to-create-text-with-hyperlink-inli...

I’m looking to automatically combine two columns (URL + Text) to get hyperlinked text. This appears to have been the answer until part of the script was deprecated. I’m finding discussion elsewhere about replacement for that command, but am not able (no expertise) to figure out how to combine everything into a script that works.

8 Replies 8

Hey @Thomas_Voller-Berdan,

Have you tried this example from Openside and On2Air Apps Founder, Dan Fellars?

Oh … drats. I think that script has the deprecated content: table.selectRecordsAsync();

well bummer! didn’t realize that.

There’s another discussion where the experts are showing how to work around that deprecated command, but I can’t figure out how to merge.

Do you need it to be a script? If not, you can just creare an automation to combine the 2 fields together into an RTF field to create the hyperlinked text.

You know something I don’t know! I’ve only seen comments saying it isn’t possible. Any info? Thanks!

You would need to figure out how to trigger your automation — usually via a checkbox or a single select field. Although if this information is coming in from a form, you could trigger it via form submission.

And then you would setup your automation to combine the fields together into the RTF field for you, using simple Markdown formatting:

[Text Field](URL Field)