cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Curtis
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have 2 tables

1. which gets populated when there is a new web enquiry.
  2. a list of advisers

I want to assign one adviser to an enquiry on a round-robin basis.

I’m assuming creating a column for the date/time they last had a lead then finding the adviser record with the longest date would be fairly straight forward but I can’t seem to work it out.

Is there an automation to find a record based on the furthest date from today?

3 Replies 3

hi Alex,
I do not think you can achieve what you are trying to do through simple automations or third party solutions like Integromat/Zapier. This is because every time you assign the new enquiry you need to find the lead with the longest date out of all. I think the best solution to achieve this is to build an Airtable script.

• The first step would be creating a new column in the advisers table connected to the web enquiries table. This would be the column that links the two tables and makes sure that you can assign a web enquiry to an adviser
  • create a column that tracks the last time the previously mentioned column is modified
  • get the script to run in an automation that triggers whenever a new record is added to the web enquiries table. The script should search for the advisor with the longest date from the previous step and match it to the web enquiry
    Hope this helps!

Alessio
Email: alessio.monino@gmail.com

Hey So it’s the script that looks for the adviser with the longest date that I don’t know how to do.

I can’t find any scripts that look for the longest/furthest date

hi @Alex_Curtis,
yes, I do not think you can find a plug and play solution online. The script would have to be custom built to your specific data structure and fields