Help

Re: Searching for duplicates and performing an automation when duplicate is found

Solved
Jump to Solution
3324 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radhe-iad
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a table where people insert new records through an Interface, one of these columns needs to be unique.

My issue is that i cannot stop people from inputting the same data by mistake through Airtable's Interfaces (so for example they need to fill the form  with "12345", but they write "21345" by mistake, and "21345" is already there in the database), so i want to catch this duplicate's existence afterwards by sending an email and performing other operations when it happens.

Do you know if this can be done?

12 Replies 12
Radhe-iad

@lukas_mayd your solution makes very much sense!

I remember trying something similar but not being able to use it because it found the record we just created, but setting the limit at > 1 completely solves the issue and I feel very stupid for not coming up with it earlier.

For future people, just make sure that you are searching for a UNIQUE Identifier.

Thanks!

Dgmknzgrl

@lukas_mayd would you mind screenshotting the steps you took to compile the action? This automation is exactly what I need but I can't figure out how to enter it. It keeps telling me the group is empty.  Thanks!

@lukas_mayd I could also use the help here as well - thanks so much!