217 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NatalieMoore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The Send SMS App only works when I use the primary number under the Twilio Account Info Section

Screenshot 2024-03-09 123605.png

NatalieMoore_1-1709953933819.png

But I have a second mobile number in the same Twilio account under my other Active Numbers that I want to send from but When I change the number in Airtable send sms app sending fails. 

NatalieMoore_0-1709953745733.png

I tried Creating new API Credentials but that didnt work or I dont know what I am doing there - there was no option to select a particular number,  and I cant find Auth Token and SSID for the number I specifically want to send from. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies 2
NatalieMoore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think I need to create a sub project and have the porting team port the number to the subproject - doesnt look like I can do it myself if it is an SMS number. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmmm… not sure, because I’ve got the Send SMS extension working with all of my clients’ alternative Twilio numbers.

Does it work if you try it with Make’s Twilio integrations for Airtable? If you’ve never used Make before, here’s how you can instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

Alternatively, if you can’t get it to work, there are actually much better SMS providers out there than Twilio, which are much cheaper and much easier to use — and which can all be automated from Airtable using Make’s automations and integrations.

In the USA, we have MessageBird and TextMagic and SimpleTexting and dozens more. But I’m not sure which ones would work in your country.

I’m currently in the process of switching several of my USA and Canadian clients away from Twilio to these other services, because they’re so much easier and cheaper.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld