cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiersten_Kollin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

We are on the enterprise version and we are wondering if it is possible to pull in a revision into an automated email.

For example, we want to be able to show a change in dates and would like to be able to show the old vs. new date within an email.

Not all of our users are in Airtable and we would love to be able to be transparent with our teams on what something was to what it is now for a change in dates.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Kiersten,

I have done this before by adding 2 new date fields and an automation.  

1.  Add 2 new date fields named "new date" and "prior date".  I'll call your current date field "date".
2.  When the "new date" field within a record is updated, the automation copies your "date" field to the "prior date" field and also copies the "new date" field to your "date" field.
3.  The automation email can now use these 2 fields.

If you want to talk about this further or if you ever need additional help, please schedule some time with me.  Here's my Calendly link: https://calendly.com/d/zyc-nx6-m54/30-minute-help-meeting

Jody

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Kiersten,

I have done this before by adding 2 new date fields and an automation.  

1.  Add 2 new date fields named "new date" and "prior date".  I'll call your current date field "date".
2.  When the "new date" field within a record is updated, the automation copies your "date" field to the "prior date" field and also copies the "new date" field to your "date" field.
3.  The automation email can now use these 2 fields.

If you want to talk about this further or if you ever need additional help, please schedule some time with me.  Here's my Calendly link: https://calendly.com/d/zyc-nx6-m54/30-minute-help-meeting

Jody

Thank you Jody! This worked perfectly!