692 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_Sargent
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have connected and tested the SMS App from Airtable with my Twillio. That works. However, what I actually want do do is track the actual message I send by logging it in my messages table. There appears to be no way to track this? Can anyone help I’m new to Airtable but it is important I track the outgoing messages

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Anthony_Sargent! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: As you’ve noticed, this isn’t possible using the premade Twilio app. While I haven’t done this myself, my hunch is that a script could be run—either in the Scripting app or in a Run script action in an automation—to call the Twilio API, which would allow you to send messages, store tracking info for those messages in Airtable, etc.

If you’re not comfortable developing such scripts yourself, there are lots of users here who are available for hire. You should be able to change the category of your message to move it to the “Hire a consultant” category; if not, let me know and I can make the move, or you can just start a new post there. (Unfortunately my plate is full or I’d offer to help directly.)

Welcome to the community, @Anthony_Sargent!

As @Justin_Barrett mentioned above, this is not possible with the Twilio app, but you can do it with scripting or an external automation tool like Integromat.

In fact, I created a very extensive text messaging sending & receiving system for one of my clients using Airtable & Integromat, which I demonstrate in this podcast:

If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com: