1242 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NB_LMI
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have three tables: Projects, People, Contracts.

When a request for a new Project is submitted, multiple People are added to the 'Talent' field.

I would like to create an Automation that then creates a new Contract for each of the People allocated as Talent.

Thank you in advance. I hope I've explained that sufficiently, I'm new to Airtable!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lom_Labs
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello NB_LMI, you can do this with automations and repeating group functionality: https://support.airtable.com/docs/repeating-groups-of-automation-actions

Here is an example: 

multiple contract.gif

Base

See Solution in Thread

9 Replies 9

Have you searched these forums for similar topics? 

Hi there,

Here's an article showing how to set up this type of automation. The idea in the article should help show you how to create those new records and link the records together.

(Note: We need to update some of the screenshots in this article)

How to Automatically Add a Set of Tasks to Each New Project Using Airtable Automations

Thanks but this doesn't solve my problem. I know how to automate creation of a new Contract, but it just carries over the multiple People into one Contract. I want one Contract created per Person. 

NB_LMI

Yes I have, but I wasn't able to find a solution.

Lom_Labs
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello NB_LMI, you can do this with automations and repeating group functionality: https://support.airtable.com/docs/repeating-groups-of-automation-actions

Here is an example: 

multiple contract.gif

Base

NB_LMI

Thats exactly what I needed, thank you!!

Hi I ran across this trying to do the same thing myself. I thought I followed all the steps correctly, but all the new records that are created are identical. For example:

I am tracking my project management. So one table is "project tracker." Each project has multiple, various different products associated with it. When the project is complete, I want a new table for invoicing that will create a new project record for each project associated with the project.

Here's some screenshots. What am I missing?airtable 2.27.pngairtable 2.27.1.pngairtable 2.27.2.pngairtable 2.27.3.png

Hello @mmr1443 , please check if you are using the value from the current item

Use Current Item.png

Wonderful! That was the issue. Thank you so much.