Help

Trigger an automation an hour after a date time field is set?

278 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zehava_Rubin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

HI,

Is there a way to trigger an automation an hour after a date time field is set? For example I have a field set to Feb 4 at 3:00 PM, and an hour after this time set i.e. at Feb 4 at 4:00 PM, I want an automation to be fired?

3 Replies 3
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

use a formula to calculate the time difference between now the time the field was updated.  Use a trigger to look at the field.  When it reach > 60 fire the trigger.  I like to add a second field that says the state of the record, "Todo" , "In Process", "Complete".

Then in my trigger it would look to see time since change > 60 and status Todo.  This keeps you from processing a record that is complete or in process in the future. (like if the date changes again).

But then I need an extra field?

I already am being told I need an extra field cause I would like to display the data time in an email and it does not display formatted. Not sure why this is not the default, but I see on the community it says you need to create an extra field for this as well in order to format it.

Is there anyway to do this without creating an extra field?

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't know of a away to do it with out an extra field.  If the extra field bothers you, you can always hide it.