Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,
I would like to update a record in airtable,
The record is a PDF file I created in my Google drive and now I want it to be a record in airtable.

I don’t know how to fill these fields: File URL
Can you please help and send example what to fill in?

14 Replies 14
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Ariel_Sigler

I did some testing with a scenario setup and it seems the only way I could get this to work, is by using a URL field in Airtable.

I will attach screenshots to show my setup below.

Hope it helps.

image image image image image

Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks again so much.
Your help is so important and crucial.

I did exactly as you suggested, but I want at the end to update a record which contains a file.
SO see below that I was asked to add a File URL address . I am not sure from where and how to get this information.

@M_k I wouldn’t recommend using the “Download A File” module. Just use the Google Drive “Get A Share Link” module instead:

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.07.52 AM

Thank you very much!
You are absolutely correct.
No need to upload a file. Better upload the link.
Let me know If I can return you back a favor.
Ariel

Hi @ScottWorld

Thank you for the suggestion!

Mary

Hi @ScottWorld

I wondered if you could take a quick look at this scenario that I did, following you example. I am not getting any PDF attached to a record. The field is an Attachment with an array.

Screenshot 4 has no data coming through, in the GDrive, together with the yellow tags. It’s the Attachment field.

Thank you,
Mary

image image image image image

@M_k In your 2nd screenshot, you need to change it from “User” to “Anyone”, which is also what it says right on the screen there. In your screenshot, it says: “If you need to generate a download link for any kind of service, set Type to ‘Anyone’ and Role to ‘Reader’”

Hi @ScottWorld

Well, it shows you how much I read these things, eh. :grinning:

I’ll give it another go!

Mary

Joe_Hand
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can use the Web Content Link to access file directly, rather than add the second GDrive module. But it still has to be public.