1103 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reem_dream
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I have a task table with a Status field and a Completed Date field. I'm trying to create an automation to update the Completed Date field when the Status changes to Done. Wondering if there is a way to add the date that the status was changed to Done in the Completed Date field. For instance, if I change the status to Done today, the date in the Completed Date field should be timestamped with today's date 5/24/23. I added screenshots of my automation flow ... as you'll see I am not sure what to use in the update fields configuration page. I read somewhere that I can use Today () but that doesn't seem right in the automation. What should I do here, and is it even possible? Thanks! 

3 Replies 3
reem_dream
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Figured out how to do this! Added a Last Modified Field that watches Status and selected that field for the Date Completed field in my configuration. If there is a better way please share 🙂 

Hi,

The idea with 'Last modified' seems great. I'm struggled with additional column containing  TODAY().
Now I'm not sure, but maybe you can put it as formula without automation? like IF(Status='Done', {Last modified}) ?

ag314
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Using the Last Modified field can work. But if you accidentally change the status away from Done and then back to Done ... well, then the date no longer matches the "real" done date. But to achieve exactly what you want is quite simple with a tiny "Run a script" action. If you are open to that option, let me know and I'm happy to show you exactly how to do that, step-by-step. No coding skills required.