cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gruss
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Howdy AT Community! 

Hoping a kind soul can provide some assistance with an automation query. 

I'm trying to track subscription activations for a University cohort, pulling from a large Uni Cohorts table to update a specific cohort tracker table.  Desired automation flow is as follows:

Student submits subscription activation request form > record is auto populated in main Uni cohorts table (first name, last name, email, Uni name) > record 'Status' field is set to 'activated' if approved in main table > student record status field is updated/reflected in cohort activation tracker table

The list of student names and emails is already populated in the tracker table, purely need to track them in for external onboarding reporting purposes. Struggling to get the update record automation to work between the two tables (unless there's a formula trick I'm missing?)

Any assistance greatly appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK. I think I understand.

You have a main Uni cohorts table that houses a form. When the form is submitted, a new record is created in the main Uni cohorts table with the Student's first name, last name, email, and Uni cohort name. That same table has a Status field that can be set to Activated and then you want that Status change to trigger an automation that finds the records that have the same email in the cohort activation tracker table and then updates the Status field on that record.

If that's correct, then you have an automation with a trigger, a find records action, and an update records action. The thing is that you might have more than one record with an email, so you're going to probably need a conditional action based on the length of the list of records found. If it's =1, then you update that record, but if it's 0 or >1 then you're going to need to specify what happens.

You can see the automation in action here.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 7.32.20 PM.png

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Is the cohort activation tracker table the table that houses the subscription activation request form?

Hi pressGO_design,

Many thanks for your response.

No, the main cohorts table currently houses the activation request form. 

OK. I think I understand.

You have a main Uni cohorts table that houses a form. When the form is submitted, a new record is created in the main Uni cohorts table with the Student's first name, last name, email, and Uni cohort name. That same table has a Status field that can be set to Activated and then you want that Status change to trigger an automation that finds the records that have the same email in the cohort activation tracker table and then updates the Status field on that record.

If that's correct, then you have an automation with a trigger, a find records action, and an update records action. The thing is that you might have more than one record with an email, so you're going to probably need a conditional action based on the length of the list of records found. If it's =1, then you update that record, but if it's 0 or >1 then you're going to need to specify what happens.

You can see the automation in action here.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 7.32.20 PM.png

Hi, this is great! 

Thanks for the visual aids, have configured and tested and it works! 

Appreciate your time on this. Shall mark this as solution. 

🙏  🙏  🙏  

Hi pressGO_design!

Sorry to trouble you again. Could you please remind of the Record ID input you used for the Update Record action? (see image)

Automation needs to find and update status of new records dynamically as new forms are submitted.  

It's the RecordID of the record you just found.

Automation.png