3258 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CottageKeeper
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello! I’ve created a simple way to track time with clients using two forms.

Basically using their mobile phone:

The agent will complete the ‘Start Time’ form to record their start time with a client. When they are done they will complete the ‘End Time’ form.

This creates two records as shown:

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.58.34 AM

What I would like to automate is when the ‘End Time’ form is submitted I would like it to update the previous record with that end time. So it looks like this after the automation:

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 11.15.38 AM

I’ve tried multiple triggers with actions but I can’t figure it out. :woozy_face:

I would be most grateful for any insights the Airtable Ninja’s could provide! :pray:

4 Replies 4

As of last week, automations now give you the ability to search for records, so you could search for the previous record and then update it.

CottageKeeper
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks @ScottWorld - this is the very reason I’m trying the automation. But I’m doing something wrong…

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 11.26.38 AM Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 11.27.00 AM Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 11.27.14 AM Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 11.27.39 AM

I think I do not understand the logic of how to access the previous record correctly.

CottageKeeper
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here is the base if anyone wants to troubleshoot with me.

Agent Time Tracking

For your trigger, you’ll probably want to use “New Record”.

For the update record step, for the Record ID field, you need to choose the Record ID from Step 2.

I would highly recommend watching the Getting Started videos, so you can learn more about automations:

Here is a 1-hour training video on Automations as well: