744 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have an airtable base with two fields : name and website. Some of the orgs have website filled and some don't.  I want to do the following

1. Check if the website column is empty.

2. If no, nothing should be done.

3. If yes, look for the name of the org in the 'Name' column
               See if it matches with the name in an excelsheet/google sheet
               Find the corresponding website from the excel
               Update it back in airtable against the name

How can I proceed with this? I read about API calls. Would the update to each record be considered as 1 API call? Is there a way to find records in bulk, match and then update records in bulk? I am okay to do this using Python script as well. However would like to first know if this is possible through airtable automation , automation using make or airtable script (extension) before looking to write a Python script.

cshenoy
4 Replies 4

Yes, you would need to use Make’s Google Sheets integrations to do this, along with Make’s Airtable integrations.

However, if you’ve never used Make before, you’re going to need to spend some time learning how to use it, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help.

In that thread, I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

In that same thread, I also provide the link to Make’s free partner training program, which offers approximately 15 hours of free training videos.

p.s. If you have a healthy budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. Is it possible to use the airtable's inbuilt automation too to execute the above scenario? 

Thanks

cshenoy

Yes, check out the thread I linked to above.

Hi,

So I tried using the inbuilt airtable automation with the trigger 'Google Sheets: When a row is created'  and the automation works provided only one row is created at a time. Again, this is not something I am looking for a solution as I want the trigger to be set whenever there is any change in the google sheet. Hence, Make Integromat looks like the only way to go! Thanks for the response and the tutorials shared.

cshenoy