Help

Urgent Help Needed: Image urls from airtable disappear in Mailchimp campaign after few hours

Topic Labels: Automations Base design
Solved
Jump to Solution
492 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a table in airtable with a field called 'Logos' which is of type: Attachment. I am using Make integromat to pull the logo urls which get populated in the Mailchimp Create Campaign module (that uses HTML layout). When I see the campaign being created , I see the logos but after a few hours I see that the same campaign does not show the images. 

Is there a reason for this? Please let me know if there is a resolution to this. 

Thanks in advance!

cshenoy
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable cannot be used to host images for external purposes, because attachment URLs expire after 2 hours.

You would need to move your images to a publicly-accessible cloud storage folder (such as Google Drive or Cloudinary), or just move the images into Mailchimp which can host your images for you.

All of this can be automated by using Make’s automations and integrations for Airtable, or you can just do it manually.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable does not want to be in the CDN business, which is an extremely expensive business to be in, and comes with all sorts of security concerns as well. So attachments are only accessible to logged in Airtable users or for shared views that use the Airtable UI.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable cannot be used to host images for external purposes, because attachment URLs expire after 2 hours.

You would need to move your images to a publicly-accessible cloud storage folder (such as Google Drive or Cloudinary), or just move the images into Mailchimp which can host your images for you.

All of this can be automated by using Make’s automations and integrations for Airtable, or you can just do it manually.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thank you for your response! This actually was a shocker. We were shocked when we saw images disappearing from even the sent emails. Now moving all images to mailchimp and only storing links to those images in airtable.

I am just curious, airtable being a database would need to have fields with attachments. If these cannot be used for any external purposes, how does having an attachment field help? Is it only for use within interfaces and for people who have access to the base? I am asking because it is a little inconvenient to have all the text data on airtable and use another storage service for images. I would have liked everything to be in one place.

cshenoy
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable does not want to be in the CDN business, which is an extremely expensive business to be in, and comes with all sorts of security concerns as well. So attachments are only accessible to logged in Airtable users or for shared views that use the Airtable UI.