Help

Why is my formula formatting not displaying correcting in my email automation?

Topic Labels: Automations Data Formulas
302 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlines
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to send an automated email that includes a formula field/token (it is called "6-month historical average"), formatted to 0.1 decimal place (this formula calculates an avg of the numeric values in 6 other fields, all of which are to 0.1 decimal place).

Although the "6-month historical average" field is formatted to 0.1 decimal place, when I test the automation, this value always appears with a long string of decimal places e.g. instead of 4.6 it will show as 4.6437449559. 

Why is this happening?! I want the historical average to show with only 0.1 decimal place.  

Thanks for your advice!

1 Reply 1
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mlines 

Great question! At the moment, changing the number of decimals in the “formatting” tab of the field's configuration doesn't completely change the number's underlying value. What it does is change how the number appears within the table.

Unnamed 

To create a rounded number that's useable in integrations or the Send an email automation action, I'd suggest adding a formula field to your table. Within that formula field, you can use the ROUND() function to round your original field to get it to two decimal places. From there, I'd suggest using the formula field in your automation email instead. Hope this helps point you in the right direction!