Help

Re: A way to create a linked INDEX to a google folder?

Solved
Jump to Solution
3070 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Bradley
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I run an acting school- and have a google drive folder full of about 1500 scripts.

I’ve created an index of those files with links to them (in a google extension), then imported that list into airtable.

We then went through and painstakingly added searchable info and a clickable button for each entry.

So now we have a sharable view that students can search by age, gender, genre, etc. But we continually have new scripts coming in…and I’d love to skip the step of manually indexing the new scripts and pasting that into the airtable.

Using a form is too tedious for each individual script we get in (cause it’s a lot)

Is there a way to connect an airtable to Google Drive so that it automatically dynamically INDEXES a google drive folder (with LINKS to each individual file). That way when we get new script we could just drop them in the google folder (and add searchable data down the road into the proper airtable row)

OR- is there an easy way to batch import FILES into an airtable (so that each file goes on it’s own row?). this would probably be the best option - but I can only see how to import multiple files into ONE field)
Honestly, it would be great to just house all the files in airtable instead of google drive if I could figure out how to give each their own row.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Absolutely!

That is incredibly easy to setup with Make's Google Drive automations & integrations.

Make can monitor your Google Drive folder for new files, and then as soon as a new file is added into your Google Drive folder, it can add the links to those files — along with other metadata about those files — into your Airtable base. (You would do that last part by using Make's Airtable automations & integrations.)

Make is my favorite low-code/no-code platform, which doesn’t require any knowledge of scripting or coding at all.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here.

For example, in this video, I show how to work with Airtable arrays in Make.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Absolutely!

That is incredibly easy to setup with Make's Google Drive automations & integrations.

Make can monitor your Google Drive folder for new files, and then as soon as a new file is added into your Google Drive folder, it can add the links to those files — along with other metadata about those files — into your Airtable base. (You would do that last part by using Make's Airtable automations & integrations.)

Make is my favorite low-code/no-code platform, which doesn’t require any knowledge of scripting or coding at all.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here.

For example, in this video, I show how to work with Airtable arrays in Make.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Sean_Bradley

You are marvelous!!! Thankyou!