2312 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LariannaHF
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm new to Airtable with some background in relational databases but I need advice.

I have built base for our nonprofit to manage volunteers. The Volunteer table has names, skills, availability, etc and the Personal References table holds several references for each volunteer. The 2 tables are linked with a Volunteer ID field - one-to-many relationship (volunteer-to-references) Typically, I would like potential volunteers to submit their applications via a form on our website.

I have tried using 3rd party tools to build forms to add records to these tables but these tools only allow using one table per form. Is there another way to collect this information, populate both tables, and maintain the links? Either within Airtable or elsewhere?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Depending on your table setup & form setup, you might be able to automate this with Airtable’s automations.

Although I would recommend checking out Fillout, which was specifically designed for these purposes.

Additionally, you can use any advanced form software that you like.

In particular, Cognito Forms comes to mind because it allows for unlimited line items, but you can also use an advanced form app like JotForm.

Then, you can simply use Make to integrate your form submissions across multiple tables in Airtable. 

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

LariannaHF
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you Scott, I will give Fillout a try.