680 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz_Shaw
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Today I noticed that when adding records to the the bottom/Level 1 of a List view that is filtered on that bottom level, none of the filtered conditions pre-populate, so the new record is automatically filtered out. I tested this in several Base List views and Interface List views, and the behavior was consistent.

This is easy to fix with as simple automation, but the thing is... I was working in the same base and interface yesterday, and I swear this wasn't happening then. Yesterday, adding records to a filtered view prepopulated the filtered fields with the filtered values, just like in a grid view.

Is this a new bug, or am I just misremembering how the List view behavior was working previously?

1 Reply 1
DavidW
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Liz_Shaw , 

There are limitations in our system to automatically populate the fields for new records so that they match the current filters. This is an area we'd love to improve over time.

What you're probably seeing is that sometimes the filter condition is simple enough to auto-populate (i.e. filtering that some select field matches an exact value). Sometimes a filter condition might be too complex though, such as if it is filtering on a field that is the output of a formula, or involves many nested conditions. 

I hope this explanation helps!