Help

Re: Aggregate multiple selections from multiple fields on Table 1 into appropriate fields, Table 2

1326 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whereisnomad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

New'ish to Airtable and feel like I'm running into a super'noob question and just missing something. 

The point of my base is to share resources across a team, though not every resource to every user.

In my base I have a Resources table, and a Users table. Users (using a form) can share resources with SPECIFIC users and tag the resource with a number of filterable fields (like Project, Topic, etc).

I'm then using a no-code platform to display the resources shared to that specific user, and letting them filter their resources by the tagged Project, Topic, etc. To do this, I need to pull, for example, all of the Project names (multi-selects) from all of the resources shared with that user only to a single aggregating field on the User table, named for example "Projects" (which of course are all located in a single column). So in their record, they have their username, a field with all of their projects, and a field with all of the Topics they are working with. 

I am trying to do this with Linked Records but it looks like each record needs to be added manually.

Is this achievable with Lookup or some kind of automation?

I feel like I'm missing something so simple here...

Thanks all!

D

4 Replies 4
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi,
Can you provide a screenshot of both tables please?  
Jody

Hm, so form submissions are done into the 'Resources' table, and the form has a linked field to the 'Users' table, as well as multi-selects for Project, Topic etc, right? 

If so, you should be all set and you can just add a lookup field in the 'Users' table like you mentioned, ending up with this:

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 9.23.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 9.23.25 AM.png

Link to base

Whereisnomad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ahhh, thanks all. figured out what I was doing wrong (thanks to the nudges). I was trying to create the lookup directly to the Resource table from the User table, NOT having the lookup referencing a linked-to data already IN the User table. Here's the tables post-fix, and so still curious if this is best-practice. 

Here's the Link/resource table:

Screenshot from 2023-02-06 20-35-36.pngand the User tab, with Tags and Projects doing the lookup to the Link-to-another-record in Recieved column, which pulls the link over from Links tab. 

Is this the best/only way? 

Thanks again all!

Whereisnomad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

heres the User table btw: 

Screenshot from 2023-02-06 15-37-23.png