84 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. I've got a base in AirTable which I need to be able others to update through a form in fillout. I only want specific fields to be updated by the form. In the case as shown in the screenshot I only want people to change the status and no other fields. When I chose to limit who can edit fields such as name, email etc to nobody but leave the status field as editable by anyone the form doesn't update that field. 
I only manage to update the status field when all other fields are editable but then it will obviously create an issue that will allow people to edit the base. The idea is that people would report status updates by the form and they would need to see certain fields of the form.  Could anyone point me to some resources on how to accomplish that? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It sounds like you want to be able to display values from your table from certain fields while only allowing them to update a single "Status" field.  If so, try using the "Heading" display element and select the field you want to display:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.41.45 AM.png

For example, here's a form that displays the value of the "Name" field:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.44.22 AM.png

And here's how it looks with the data:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.44.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.44.17 AM.png
Link to form

  

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It sounds like you want to be able to display values from your table from certain fields while only allowing them to update a single "Status" field.  If so, try using the "Heading" display element and select the field you want to display:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.41.45 AM.png

For example, here's a form that displays the value of the "Name" field:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.44.22 AM.png

And here's how it looks with the data:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.44.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 9.44.17 AM.png
Link to form

  

Thank you so much! That's what I was looking for!