Help

Re: Airtable Forms, is a Dynamic/Conditional input field possible?

Solved
Jump to Solution
2533 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisTSS
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

As the subject line states, I am looking for a function within airtable forms that can allow me to change the available inputs based on the condition of a previous answer.

The purpose of this, is to submit an attendance form of such.
I am using a table consolidate all of the different departments as an individual record, and within that record, each employee is linked to their respective department.
My intent is to use the form to submit a list of attendees, based on which department is involved.
For example, I had a meeting today with Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
On the form, there will be a linking field, where I input these three departments.
Then I have an Attendee field, where I can link the individual attendees, based on the above selected departments.

Is this possible? Is there a way around this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, limiting available options in fields is not possible with Airtable forms, you can only limit the availability of the fields themselves. 

With reference to your example, this would require you to have one linked field per department, with each linked field limited to a view that would display the personnel from said department

If one field per department doesn't work for you, you'll probably need to use some kind of third party form service, examples of which would be On2Air forms, miniExtensions or Fillout.  I'm not sure any of them have the exact functionality you're looking for though, and the quickest way for you to find out might be to just open a support ticket with them and ask them to provide you with an example form set up the way you described

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, limiting available options in fields is not possible with Airtable forms, you can only limit the availability of the fields themselves. 

With reference to your example, this would require you to have one linked field per department, with each linked field limited to a view that would display the personnel from said department

If one field per department doesn't work for you, you'll probably need to use some kind of third party form service, examples of which would be On2Air forms, miniExtensions or Fillout.  I'm not sure any of them have the exact functionality you're looking for though, and the quickest way for you to find out might be to just open a support ticket with them and ask them to provide you with an example form set up the way you described

+1 to everything Adam said above.

Could you have the form collect attendees of all of your meetings and then use a lookup to give you an array of the departments that those people are in?

DennisTSS

Thank you both, it's kind of a weird limitation to have.