Help

Any way for an editor to login and view only their assigned tasks?

Solved
Jump to Solution
826 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kujain
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there!

As I am fine tuning the AT bases for our team, I seem to be missing something rather important here and thought I would ask the community about it as it seems to be rather significant.

As we create tasks and assign to our team members, we would like the team members to login to AT and view those tasks. They can go into the various views but here they see all the tasks. This is fine as an overall project log. But if they then filter this list to show only those assigned to themselves, it seems to run the filter across ALL OTHER USERS viewing this page!

If that's the normal behaviour, how does an editor/team member see only their assigned tasks without impacting the rest of the teams' views? Almost all other PM tools I have tested with (Monday, Asana etc.) have a dashboard page of sorts that shows their open items etc. But a personalization filter on the existing views may be enough for our needs.

Please let me know as this is a rather important functionality to keep the information overload controlled for each team member I think and its weird that there's no indication of this in AT!

Thanks! 

11 Replies 11

In order for certain people to see certain records, all those people need to be attached to the record in some way.

In other words, you can't just set a filter that allows Julie to see Ed's records. It doesn't work that way. 

Both Julie and Ed would need to be attached to the record in some way.

You have 4 different options of attaching people to records, and you can use as many of them as you'd like:

1. One or more collaborator fields with their user accounts selected in those fields.
2. One or more email fields with their email addresses in those fields.
3. One or more lookup fields of a collaborator field.
4. One or more lookup fields of an email field.

Then, you would set your filters to be based on those fields, and you would choose the "current user" option for your filters.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

So Airtable Support said, it's a no go for what I need 😞 .  

Would be nice to be able to say, "If current User = [specific email]" then show or hide, etc.  

Sadly, not the answer I was hoping.