cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Brian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey everyone, quick question:

I use a table to organize my various types of tasks and I have the records groups by the single select the shows what task type they belong to.

It gets annoying getting to the bottom of the list of tasks for a specific task type and the group going away and having to re-add a record and update the single select to open that group again instead of hitting the plus at the bottom of the group to add a new record to the group.

Is there any sort of like automation that can detect that a group is out of records and to add in a new one to just keep the group open?

If not is there any sort of solution that you guys happen to know for this besides the kanban view?

Thank you for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Yeah, with an automation you’d trigger it every time a task gets completed, do a find record action of that specific task type and see whether there’s at least 1 undone task for that task type, and if there wasn’t, make a new task.

I’ve thrown up a version of this here

This would consume an automation action every time you completed a task though. Feels like there should be a better way to accomplish what you’re looking for but I can’t think of anything; hopefully someone else has an idea

Trigger:
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 4.02.21 PM
Find records action:
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 4.02.28 PM
Conditional create records action:
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 4.02.35 PM

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Yeah, with an automation you’d trigger it every time a task gets completed, do a find record action of that specific task type and see whether there’s at least 1 undone task for that task type, and if there wasn’t, make a new task.

I’ve thrown up a version of this here

This would consume an automation action every time you completed a task though. Feels like there should be a better way to accomplish what you’re looking for but I can’t think of anything; hopefully someone else has an idea

Trigger:
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 4.02.21 PM
Find records action:
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 4.02.28 PM
Conditional create records action:
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 4.02.35 PM

Wow thank you so much, I will implement this see if it works in my system, thank you so much!