cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Mazur-Gou
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,
I am looking to automatically link a record from one table based on another cell’s linked data in a join table.

My setup is made for event management (contacts, events, organizations). In the events table, I want to link both contacts and organizations. One organization can have many contacts of course.

As I add a new event, I link it to many organizations. Can I make it so that the leads are automatically added & linked to that event? Does this require automation or am I missing something?

My goal is to create a list of contacts with email addresses for a specific event so I can send a reminder email. I want to generate a list of contacts with one email address per line to send better emails by merging first names.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Adam_Minich
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hello @David_Mazur-Goulet,

Adam from Airtable here. The setup process for automatically linking records depends heavily on your base’s unique design. In this case, you’ve given a general example to work off of, but just know that the following may not completely solve your base design needs.

Here’s a short video idea of how to accomplish something like this: Screen Recording 2021-05-05...

Have a good day~~ :slightly_smiling_face: