cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nnenna_Anwara
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello All,

I have two base design options that I and coworkers are trying to agree on. I will like to make a comparison between the two

Base Design #1 Idea: Have one big base with all the data and third-party automations, then create views for different teams with specific permissions. If someone wants to collaborate, special permissions can be made and then deactivated after a set time. 

Base Design #2 Idea: Have different bases for different teams. This is not currently working, but there is a fear that having one big base will not suffice for everyone's needs. 

Can anyone provide pros or cons for both options?

2 Replies 2

Base Design #1 Idea: Have one big base with all the data and third-party automations, then create views for different teams with specific permissions. If someone wants to collaborate, special permissions can be made and then deactivated after a set time. 

• Simple, easier to manage
  • You can create access-controlled views using Interfaces
  • Data concentrated into one base will hit record/automation limits faster
  • If not looking at an interface, having several Tables/Views/Fields pertinent to only certain teams may feel visually cluttered

Base Design #2 Idea: Have different bases for different teams. This is not currently working, but there is a fear that having one big base will not suffice for everyone's needs. 

• Synced fields cannot be edited in the "destination" table, and must be edited back in the original table. 
  • Finer control over permissions, as you can simply import/sync the necessary data for each team and nothing else
  • Dispersed data across bases means lower risk of hitting record limits
IliyanSlavov
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Kamille_Parks presented the differences perfectly! Follow what she's laid out and you'll decide easily.