cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erikajim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello
I'm testing airtable and I want to make a database with all my trial cases. These are cases that we must check  with some regularity, the idea is that each case generates a record and that once the record is created, it will be assigned to a role of periodic reviews, meaning, each case must be check by my staff every 3 months to update de info of each case an check the task or actions that we need to take with every case.  So  My desire is to create some kind of automation to generate monthly an e- mail to me an my assistant to check those cases that reach the 3 month period and need to be checked for updates.  Also, I already have a lot of existing cases, and my goal is to divide those cases in groups to not overwhelm my assistant with all the cases needing a review at the same time, but I don’t know how to do that.  

Hope someone can help me, and sorry if my English is not good, is not my native language

2 Replies 2

Hi @Erikajim ,
Here's a step-by-step approach for your Airtable task:

1. Create a 'Next Revision' Field: Start by adding a new field in your table, and name it 'Next Revision.' Set this field as a formula, and use the DATEADD function with the following formula: DATEADD(Today, 3, 'months'). This will calculate the date for the next revision, which is three months from the current date.

2. Set Up an Automation: To trigger actions based on the 'Next Revision' date, create an automation. Choose 'When a record matches conditions' as the trigger. The trigger condition should activate when the 'Next Revision' date matches TODAY.

3. Define the Action: For the action, configure it to send an email. This email can contain a grid view of the record and a link to a form for modifying the data in the relevant table. Ensure that the form is pre-created and pre-filled, as this is crucial for efficiently modifying the record.

4. Organize Your Cases: To enhance organization, categorize your cases into groups using Airtable interfaces. This will help you manage and access your records more effectively.

By following these steps, you'll receive email notifications every three months with a link to modify your records, keeping your data up to date and well-organized.

I hope this helps!

Calendly: https://alessiomonino.com/contact
Email: alessio.monino@gmail.com

Thank you! I will do that!!!