1391 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_Gonzalez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey there, I’ve decided to venture into trying to achieve my mail-merge in Airtable.

Premise: I have pre-written documents written by a lawyer to issue to new clients. (the copy is multi-language but the details of the project and the client remain constant) I would like to synch the client name, and project details into the copy.

I’ve read and have tried to make the CONCATENATE approach but I feel it is very messy, and ineffective should the copy change at a later date, it also I will need to weed through the formulas to fix it.
I tried another approach of creating a separate table of “parts” that at pulled in as needed, but since they come in as an array it made it tricky for me to figure out how to reference each key of the array.

I’d love to hear from anyone who has tried this endeavour before.

5 Replies 5

Have you looked at external tools that are designed specifically for this task?

Documint and Docupilot are very popular. On2Air: Actions works with Google Docs.

You could also use Make.com to work with Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or any number of PDF tools out there like: PDF Generator API, PandaDoc, pdfFiller, PlumSail Documents, Formstack Documents, DocSpring, PDFMonkey, Anvil, PDF.co, and many more.

Some of the above also have native extensions for Airtable — such as DocuMint, DocuPilot, and Formstack.

Here’s a tutorial for how to do this with Jotform

Thank you so much, you provided me so many resources I didn’t know existed. I have been searching and frankly failing to find anything useful. I had started coding for google docs to make this, before trying airtable. In my mind, I would rather have something cleaner and easier to hand over to staff as my business grows, not be one of those bosses that have to get involved in all the weeds of every detail to keep a business running.

Thanks for this also, I found a lot of Gareth Pronovost’s videos helpful in the past this one I hope will also be great!

If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to do all of this for you, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld