1828 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelly_Vorrasi1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m going to try and make this make sense. I’ve built out 12 different formulas/fields to spit out different date results based on a primary date field and some other factors. I now need to be able to either copy horizontally and paste vertically, or somehow bring them all into one new field that can then be copied and pasted into new records.

formulas

into

tag copy

5 Replies 5
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Kelly. Do I understand correctly that you have a list of dates (and other factors) somewhere else that you want to copy/paste into Airtable?

Because, as you know, the formulas autofill themselves. If I’ve misunderstood, let me know.

Not exactly. I have several different formulas in a table that are different fields across. I want to take those results and put them as new records in another table. The first image above shows the formulas across and the second image is then those results as records a different table. I had to copy each one individually and I’d like to find a way to do it automatically. In excel I can paste transposed. I tried a few different automation but couldn’t get it to work.

This could be done with an automation, though it might be tough. Will the destination records (where the data is to be pasted) always remain the same, or will they change each time this is done? Also, do you need to do this on a specific schedule (e.g. once a week, once a month, etc.), or is it more on an as-needed basis?

I’d do it on an as-needed basis and they’d always go into the same field but new records every time. Does that make sense? I’d use the one sheet as a way to build out these different timings based on the various formulas that I then move over to the main table to add to new records.

@Kelly_Vorrasi1 Thanks for the clarification. What if a script created the new records for you? You do the setup in the one-sheet, then click a button to run a script that makes the new records as you showed above. Would that work for your use case?