cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiceTroubles
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Fairly new to Airtable, so big picture question:

• I have a table with all records of product type (Master List)
  • I have a second table with similar record fields, not identical (Inventory)
  • I need to create a new record in inventory when an action is taken (button click in master list?) which will bring over relevant data but not all.

Help please! 😂

3 Replies 3

Hello,

I order do to that you need to define an automation that could be triggerred by a click on a button or any other event on your master list such as a checkbox field taking the value "True".

Action of this automation would be "Create record" on the table "Inventory".

Regards

Pascal

So I've just attempted to do this - fail (probably user error).

• Does the automation need to exist already? There is no option to activate an automation on the button settings.

Basically I'm trying to create an interface for the master list which is searchable by one field. when that single field is shown, clicking the button will re-create the same record in the inventory table.

Hello,

You have to create an automation with the trigger "when a button is clicked":

Pascal_Gallais_1-1721722917768.png

You can then add a button in an interface and select the action "run an automation":

Pascal_Gallais_2-1721723092245.png

button is the name of the automation in my example.

Note that running an automation when clicking a button is not possible with all interfaces types (for this exemple, interface page is "record review" page).

Once you have set the button, go back to the automation to add required actions:

Pascal_Gallais_3-1721723360943.png

Note that it may be more confortable to add a checkbox type field in your Master table and to use a list type interface page to expose records from your Master table.

Automation to create a record in Inventory table could then be triggerd when the checkbox is checked in the list.

Regards

Pascal