Help

Re: Creating a base for a freelancer-activity with appointments and fee-calculation

640 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smogpaster
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to Airtable and would like to create a table for my freelance work that not only includes my appointments but also performs some calculations based on the content.

In my first attempt to create a base, I entered all the relevant fields, but I am currently stuck on the calculations. It's possible that I didn't set up my base very cleverly, so I would greatly appreciate any help!

The table should be able to do the following:

• Include all my appointments and display them in calendar view.
  • Include the information from the columns that are already filled in (such as appointment name, date, time, location, contact person, confirmed, fee, paid,"Übungsleiterpauschale", notes).
  • Perform various calculations and display them in a clear manner (and this is where I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it):
    • Calculate the total annual and monthly fee.
    • Calculate the total annual and monthly fee minus 30% for taxes.
    • Calculate the total annual fee minus the fee for all entries marked with "Übungsleiterpauschale" but only up to a maximum of 3000 euros (for those who are interested, this amount is tax-free, so I want to deduct it from the total).

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to accomplish this!

Best regards

1 Reply 1
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @smogpaster 

Looks like you're off to a good start so far! I'd recommend leveraging some rollup fields along with some formula fields including nested IF statements.

You can sum an entire field by taking the following steps:

Create an additional field, and populate every record in the field with the same value. You can do this quickly by using the fill-handle.

1. Convert the field to a linked record field that links to a new table.

2. On the new table, create a rollup field that sums the number field with the Sum(values) function.

To see some real-life examples of how a nonprofit uses formula, lookup, count, and rollup fields to run their organization, head on over to our blog.