936 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Cosgrove
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am hoping someone can come up with a solution for me with a Project Management/Task List I am creating.

I have a Base created for Project Management and within the base is a table of tasks (around 40 tasks) that each individual Project will move through throughout its life cycle.

The way I have this set up currently is to manually enter who the task is assigned to, the start and end dates of the specific task and a lookup to select the task from the task table.

Once the task is complete I will manually change all of the fields (the reason for this and not using automation is even though the tasks are in order, they are not always used on each project and the assignee will be different).

What I need is to be able to move the tasks along the workflow but also save the previous tasks (up to 40 of them) so when we get similar projects we can look back to see how long they have taken for the whole project, who has worked on them and how long individual tasks have taken throughout the Project timeline.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2 Replies 2

It sounds like you will need to structure your base differently — as a many-to-many relationship.

You will still have your project table and your tasks table, but you will need a 3rd table that will act as the “join table” (or the “intersection”) between your projects & tasks.

In other words, each record in this 3rd table will be linked to both a project & a task. Then, in that table, you will keep track of any historical information for the “intersection” of each project/task.

Airtable has a guide on creating many-to-many relationships here:

Thank you Scott, I will have a look at this