680 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lydian91
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not sure if this is possible, but I have a number of things I’d like to track a daily basis (workouts, journal entries, meeting notes, etc.). Each of these tracked items use numerous unique fields that don’t overlap, so combining everything in one table would result in a huge list of fields—too cluttered. I would prefer to keep each tracked category in its own table.

However, it would be nice to have a separate “overview” table that shows all of the records from these various categories. For example, the “workouts” table contains daily records with fields for reps, weight, etc. The “meeting notes” table contains daily records with fields for client, topic, etc. The “overview” table aggregates and links to all of the records from “workouts” and “meeting notes”. That way, I could reference all of the records combined in a central location but they are stored in their respective tables.

I could have a table that contains records for each date and link to those, but then the overview would only show one record per day.

So if I have one workout, two meeting notes, and a journal entry on 1/11/22, I would see four records in the “overview” table, but those records actually reside in separate tables (i.e. workouts, meeting notes, journals). I’m essentially trying to recreate the Today view of Day One—but where each “journal” contains unique sets of metadata that is being tracked.

Apologies for any redundancy here—just trying to be clear.

1 Reply 1

I would do this, you would see all the entries in the Linked Records fields you’d create. Ideas for better visualization:

• Create a Page Designer and design the layout to see all in a glance. You could add a Button field to open every record inside your template.
  • The same but with Interface Designer, maybe better as it is actionable.