1033 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_David
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I created a new base in preparation for moving some spreadsheet data. Column 'A' of the sheet is dates.

I'm thinking I can set the primary field as a 'date' field and include 'time' in order to make each record unique. After import (copy & paste) I can change the default time (12:00am) to 12:01am, 12:02am, etc. if there are multiple spreadsheet rows (records) with the same date.

QUESTION: Is there a potential issue with having a dates in the Primary Field?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Nah there shouldn't be any issues and plenty of people do that.  May I know why you want to manually make each record unique with that time method though? 

If it helps, each record already has a unique ID that you can see by adding a formula field with the formula 'RECORD_ID()'

See Solution in Thread

Tom_David
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you!

I thought the Primary Field data had to be unique and did not know AT assigned a unique identifier so as to allow duplicate entries in that field. So, I'll set the base up pretty much like the spreadsheet except utilizing 'Linked fields' and 'Rollups' for some of the associated fields.

Thanks again [Less Newbie now :-)].

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Nah there shouldn't be any issues and plenty of people do that.  May I know why you want to manually make each record unique with that time method though? 

If it helps, each record already has a unique ID that you can see by adding a formula field with the formula 'RECORD_ID()'

Tom_David
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you!

I thought the Primary Field data had to be unique and did not know AT assigned a unique identifier so as to allow duplicate entries in that field. So, I'll set the base up pretty much like the spreadsheet except utilizing 'Linked fields' and 'Rollups' for some of the associated fields.

Thanks again [Less Newbie now :-)].