Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

direct comparison of single select fields

Topic Labels: Automations
100 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mojjo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

I'm very new to Airtable, but I couldn't find a solution for my issue. Maybe there is one that would make my life so much sweeter :)) 
Let's say we have a product and this product has 2 options: Machine 1 or 2 
which machine to choose depends on another single select field in another record, with options 1 or 2. 
now want to use an automation if 1 is 1 create new record with 1. 

but somehow string arrays can't be accessed in automations. I'm trying to solve everything no-code, maybe thats the issue. 

thank you so much for your help. 

Kind regards 

5 Replies 5

Could you provide screenshots of your tables, automation setup, and an example of you want the automation to create please?

Mojjo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

thank for your reply. 
Yes, please see below. At the moment I do a workaround by using a formula that converts the single select output to a string in each table and compares these in the automation, my goal would be to compare the single select field directly. 
Rather than changing the 1. single select to so it would plaine numbers,  we would prefer to be able to extract info from the single select field like here where the options are "1HKL"  in the "product" table / "specifier I" column should be matched with "1" in the "detailed planning" table / "ZZ:Anzahl XYZ" column. 

Thanks for the details!  Perhaps you could replace "Cube NR" with a formula field that extracts the first letter from the single select field?  Could you provide a screenshot of how you're using those fields in the automation as well?  So sorry, I don't really understand what we're trying to do

yes so thats basically what im doing, "Cube NR" & "Anzahl Heizkreise" do convert the single select fields to strings via formula field. Im looking for a way to extract data from that field without using an extra formula field, like a way to treat the single select field as a string. (maybe not possible) 

Ahhh, I see!  I don't think that's possible at this point I'm afraid