2614 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Hillegas1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are using airtable as a database for some of our raw materials. However, when we receive a raw material order we have to fill out this PDF document for compliance with regulations. I can add the form to a record as an attachment, but the form is not able to be filled out using this method.

There is a new form for each record. We are using an iPad in the manufacturing floor to manage all of this.

5 Replies 5

I would use the combination of Integromat and PDFFiller to do this for you.

You would click on a button in Airtable, and it would automatically fill out all the fields on the PDF form for you, and then it would add the filled out form as an attachment to your record in Airtable. It could also email the form or do whatever you want with it.

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Westy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The below Airtable script fills data to a PDF form and automatically emails the flattened PDF form, with one click. This solution is in beta. Anyone can try it now. We welcome all thoughts and suggestions. See below script, and two screenshots.

Dean Westover, President

Choices Software, Inc.

// INSTRUCTIONS
// This is a sample script that fills Airtable data to a PDF form and emails the form
// 1. create table named "Contacts"
// 2. create three columns named "Contact", "Email", and "Comments"
// 3. create fourth column of type button, named "Button" and labeled "FillinPDF"
// 4. paste this entire script as the action for the "FillinPDF" button
// 5. click "FillinPDF" button to email filled PDF form to address in the "Email" column
let table = base.getTable("Contacts");
let record = await input.recordAsync('Select a record to use', table);
let username = "choices@acords.com";let password = "7Yiz3qNu"; // do not change
let username_and_password_encoded = btoa(username + ":" + password);
let obj = {
    company: "Airtable", // do not change
    template: "Sample PDF Form",  // do not change
    mailTo: record.getCellValue("Email"), // do not change
    description: "Attached is filled form", // email subject
    data: { // Airtable data
      Email: record.getCellValue("Email"),
      Comments: record.getCellValue("Comments")
    }
}
let url = 'https://formstable-dev.choices.servoy-cloud.eu/servoy-service/rest_ws/formsTableWS/emailNewForm'
let response = await remoteFetchAsync(url, {
  headers: {
    "Content-Type": "application/json",
    "Authorization": "Basic " + username_and_password_encoded
  },
  body: JSON.stringify(obj),
  method: "POST"
})
console.log(response)

Hi Dean! 

I'm interested in this solution that you've shared. Can you provide more detail about where the PDF document / template is referenced in the script? 

Thanks, 

Ann 

Westy

Ann, the form is referenced by its pdf template name at https://FillinPDF.com. In this example a template named "Sample PDF Form" had been previously uploaded as a form template to FillinPDF.com. 

Hope this helps.

Dean

Sergio

Hi!

You can use Airtable extensions to generate documents. With the Plumsail Documents extension, you can populate a fillable PDF with data from your database.

You can read about how to work with fillable PDFs in the documentation; these are fairly simple settings.

You can watch the video or read the article to learn how to generate PDF documents from an Airtable table using Plumsail Documents.

I hope the information is useful!