cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isobel_16
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I wonder whether the questions asked in a form have to be the column titles of the resulting data table? Many of the form questions are very long and tedious, and I would like the column names of the output table to be much simpler and easier to digest.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @isobel_16!

Something that a lot of users don't realize when working with Airtable's Form views is that you can actually override the field name that is displayed in the view without having it affect the actual field name in the base schema.

Here's an example.
I have a table with three fields with rather generic names:

Ben_Young1_0-1676235544248.png

As expected, when I create my form view, the actual fields names will be the default name displayed.

Ben_Young1_1-1676235590042.png

When you click into a field, you'll be able to set the text that you want your users to actually see when using the form.

Ben_Young1_2-1676235762948.png

I have encountered a lot of tables with field names that are just questions because this functionality tends to fly under the radar.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @isobel_16!

Something that a lot of users don't realize when working with Airtable's Form views is that you can actually override the field name that is displayed in the view without having it affect the actual field name in the base schema.

Here's an example.
I have a table with three fields with rather generic names:

Ben_Young1_0-1676235544248.png

As expected, when I create my form view, the actual fields names will be the default name displayed.

Ben_Young1_1-1676235590042.png

When you click into a field, you'll be able to set the text that you want your users to actually see when using the form.

Ben_Young1_2-1676235762948.png

I have encountered a lot of tables with field names that are just questions because this functionality tends to fly under the radar.

isobel_16
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you so much, that is very helpful!