635 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enjay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there no way to turn off the permissions to create forms for users?

I do not see a way to turn this permission off for users, it appears anyone able to create any other view is able to create a form. It would be nice to be able to turn of the specific ability to create form views. 

Without having the ability to set required cells inside the table itself, we have ended up relying on using forms for our method of inputting information into the tables as we can control required fields in forms. We use both the normal view forms, and forms in interfaces. 

The issue currently is that anyone with the ability to create a view is able to create a form which allows them to bypass the requirements of the intended forms and interfaces we have made to ensure that our data remains in a somewhat stable state. It seems like a weird loophole that users are able to bypass required fields unless I am missing something. 

Has anyone else run into this type of problem with their users and if so, what was your solution? I've explained to them multiple times that we have created the forms and interfaces for a purpose and have even deleted their forms at some point. 

1 Reply 1
Sublive
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Enjay  I read your question and i just give my opinion on it show in following key points:

Starting around my last information update in September 2021, I can give some broad exhortation on overseeing consents and structure creation in specific applications. Notwithstanding, kindly note that the particular advances and choices might differ relying upon the stage or programming you are utilizing.

On the off chance that you are working with a data set or application that permits clients to make structures and perspectives, yet you need to limit specific clients from making structures, think about the accompanying advances:

Check if your application allows you to define different user roles with specific permissions. Ideally, you should have the ability to create custom user roles and assign permissions accordingly. Ensure that the ability to create forms is limited to specific roles (e.g., administrators or designated form creators) and not available to regular users.
Look for settings or configurations related to form creation within the application's administration or settings menu. Some applications allow you to control who can create forms, edit forms, or even access specific form templates. Adjust these settings to meet your requirements.
If your main concern is enforcing required fields, explore whether the application supports form validation rules or required fields within the tables themselves. This way, you can ensure that essential information is captured, regardless of whether users create forms or use standard views.
Consider implementing an audit trail or version control system to track changes made to forms and views. This can help you identify who created or modified a form and revert to previous versions if necessary.
Clearly communicate your data entry guidelines and the purpose of specific forms and interfaces to your users. Offer training sessions to ensure they understand the importance of following the established data entry procedures.
Involve users in the decision-making process and gather their feedback. By understanding their needs and concerns, you may find alternative solutions that accommodate both their requirements and your data integrity goals.

If you have access to support or community forums for the application you are using, consider reaching out to see if other users have encountered similar challenges and how they addressed them. Remember that some platforms may receive updates and improvements over time, so keeping an eye on any release notes or announcements could provide insights into new features related to permissions and form creation.

As my knowledge is limited to information available up to September 2021, I recommend referring to the documentation or help resources of your specific application or platform for the most up-to-date instructions and solutions related to permissions and form creation.