575 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nina_Baltierra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone, I’m wondering if anyone has solutions for formatting text in long text fields. We use these fields to build out decision trees for text messages, and the more options or levels to a decision tree, the hairier things look in the long text field. We love the option to add headers and numbered/bulleted/checkmarked lists, but we need more to differentiate the levels of decision trees.

When we draft these, we use different colors for each level of a decision tree, so that would be an ideal solution (feature request alert!), but we’re open to other suggestions. Thank you!

Here’s an example of a text message with multiple layers of responses:

We are just about at the halfway point of the semester and I’m dying to know how you’re doing! How are you feeling about your progress in school so far? (e.g. reply 1)

1. Amazing - I’ve got this on lock
2. Pretty good - I’m confident
3. Okay - not terrible, but not great, either
4. Lots of room for improvement
5. Send help!

Responses:

1. (Amazing) That’s what I like to hear! Keep up the good work. And if you ever need me, text ‘Hey Ana’ and I’ll share some resources!

2. (Pretty good) Yes! Confidence looks good on you! If you need an extra push, you can always text ‘Hey Ana’ and I’ll share some resources!

3. (Okay) Way to keep at it. If you need some resources to go from ok to pretty good or awesome, text ‘Hey Ana’ and I’ll help you out!

4. (Room for improvement) Nothing wrong with that – I’m here to help. What has been most challenging to you? (e.g. reply 1)
    1. Getting good grades
    2. Managing my time
    3. Finding motivation
    4. Staying mentally fit
    5. Other

Responses

1. (Getting good grades) I know it’s hard to keep up with all of your classes. You’re not alone in feeling that way. Have you considered proactively working with a tutor often to make sure you stay on top of concepts you don’t understand? If not, I’d highly recommend it to help you improve your grades. To get started…

2. (Managing my time) You’re not alone in feeling this way. I hear from many students how much they struggle with this. I often recommend using a planner or a calendar. Some people prefer a physical one that you carry with you (stickers – need I say more?!), but digital versions can be great, too. Let me know if you need more tips!

3. (Finding motivation) I get it! When the going gets tough, you’ll need something to help you remember your purpose. At Upswing, helping students like you is our “why.” Take a moment to write down why you’re on this journey and refer back to it as often as you need a push!

4. (Staying mentally fit): Upswing has a library of helpful mental health videos. Log in at…

5. (Other) Help me understand what you are experiencing so we can brainstorm some solutions. Can you tell me a bit about what’s going on?

6. (Send help) Never fear, Ana is here! :blue_heart: What are the most immediate things you’re struggling with? (e.g. reply 1)
    1. Getting good grades
    2. Managing my time
    3. Finding motivation
    4. Staying mentally fit
    5. Other

Responses

1. (Getting good grades) I know it’s hard to keep up with all of your classes. You’re not alone in feeling that way. Have you considered proactively working with a tutor often to make sure you stay on top of concepts you don’t understand? If not, I’d highly recommend it to help you improve your grades. To get started…

2. (Managing my time) You’re not alone in feeling this way. I hear from many students how much they struggle with this. I often recommend using a planner or a calendar. Some people prefer a physical one that you carry with you (stickers – need I say more?!), but digital versions can be great, too. Let me know if you need more tips!

3. (Finding motivation) I get it! When the going gets tough, you’ll need something to help you remember your purpose…

4. (Staying mentally fit) We have a library of helpful mental health videos. Log in at…

5. (Other) Help me understand what you are experiencing so we can brainstorm some solutions. Can you tell me a bit about what’s going on?

0 Replies 0