1491 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBoehmer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi - I am building a base that serves as a marketing tech stack document. I am listing software titles in the first column, and then have columns for "Features in use" and "Features available but not in use" etc.  Each of those columns have multiple selection options.  My goal is to be able to create a view that will group all the software options by the individual features.  So one example use is that I want to be able to see all our software that has the Available Feature to do SMS texting in one group. Did I set this up right to do that? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Seems like it'd work if you were only grouping by one thing at a time.  What issues did you face while trying this out?

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Seems like it'd work if you were only grouping by one thing at a time.  What issues did you face while trying this out?

I realized that I need to be FILTERING and not Grouping!  Grouping was causing issues but filtering allowed me to see it the way I wanted. Thanks 🙂

mrvc
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would be so simple with a checkbox to 'split multiple values'. Official response from airtable and the suggested workaround is poor — create views for every multiselect item which would be super tedious!
https://support.airtable.com/docs/multiple-select-field

I suggest visiting that support article and responding to the page with feedback about how poor this suggested workaround is and proposing to add a checkbox that splits multiple values into individual groups

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 03.45.04.jpg

Yeah, this makes the grouping feature for a multi-select field essentially useless. I don't want to see 60 different combinations. I just want to see all the record with category x grouped and all the records with category y grouped - which means record ABC might appear in both groupings - which is what i want.

bcirce

I do not see a solution to this still, even on this thread. Anyone have any other workarounds so that when Grouping we are grouping by individual values?