903 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

As part of my workflow, I have a view in my base where I put in all my tasks for the day, which the populates my calendar. To make this work, I have "Date Start" and a "Date End" fields with the date and the start/end time of the record so that it'll be placed correctly on my calendar. This works great but has caused an issue with creating another view that I need, a daily summary.

I want to have a view that groups my records by date so that I can see how much I earned that day, how much I worked, and other stats. I can filter my records to show me this information for a single date without any issue. But I'd like to have a view that shows all my days work grouped together to be able to build a few extensions around the resulting data. The problem is that AT will group based on the entire field information, so including the time, and not just the date (see attached screenshot).

The only "workaround" I can think of is to have a third date field with just the date, but this feels redundant. Can anyone see a better solution? Or if that is the only solution, is there a way to get that field to autopopulate the date based on the date in the "date start" field?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HA that was way easier than I expected. Didn't realise there was a radio button. 😁 Thank you so much, I'm able to do what I need to do now!

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
MatthewAT
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm curious if you need the time on your Start Date.

You can disable the time in the field and that should give you the result you want.

If you must keep the time in Start Date, then you need that extra field which would format the Start Date into just a date.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 4.59.51 PM.png

As @MatthewAT mentioned, if you need the start time, then just create a formula field to show you the start date without the time. 

Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you both. Yes, I absolute need the time. As I said, I use those two fields to populate my calendar, which I then publish to iCal.

So I've created a formula field and am trying to figure out how to strip the time from the date so I don't have to manually input the date on all my thousands of records. Knowing that it is possible is good motivation to figure it out. 🙂 Thanks again!

Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HA that was way easier than I expected. Didn't realise there was a radio button. 😁 Thank you so much, I'm able to do what I need to do now!