cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Master_Lux_srl
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

i have a database and with group and filter actions I came up with a list of items to print.

069 per airtable forum.png

How could I reach the goal of having the count of the items instead the count of the lines?

Tnx in advice

3 Replies 3

Where do those 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1 digits come from?  Assuming we managed to get the correct count, how would you be using that data?  Would it be in a page designer print, perhaps?  Or an Interface?

Master_Lux_srl

The numbers come from inline entry of the product.
I would like there to be a way to count the objects and not the "lines" directly from the view in which I work and group them...

re: The numbers come from inline entry of the product.

I take it there's no dedicated field where this number exists then?
---
re: I would like there to be a way to count the objects and not the "lines" directly from the view in which I work and group them...

Yeap I get that, and based on how you're using the count (In a page designer print, in an interface, just looking at it) the solution might be different

I'm going to assume you need to use the number for an email or a print or something, and so:

If the count of the items for each record is in a dedicated field, try creating a new table, linking the relevant records to a single record in that one table, and then doing a rollup.  If it's not in a dedicated field, you're going to need to create a formula field to grab that count from the text, which you can accomplish using LEFT()