cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahLouise
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi 

I'm looking for a workaround for highlighting /deleting old records from a table when not in new CSV import.  This is currently causing me problems meaning i cannot use Airtable for many tasks. 

Thank you 🙂

2 Replies 2
Jason_Hill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I found the same limitation that was causing me issues as well. I don't know if this is the easiest way, but in the CSV before import, I added a quick column with today's date. Upon importing the CSV, it updated the date in Airtable for that column. I then had a View in Airtable filtered by dates prior to today. That quickly filtered out the old records that I then deleted. It added a few steps, but the time savings of importing a CSV was worth the trade. I hope this helps.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@SarahLouise Jason's idea is a quick & easy way to solve this problem! If you need a fully 100% automated way of doing this, then I would recommend using Make's CSV tools & Airtable tools to handle this for you. If you're brand new to Make, there is a bit of a learning curve, but we've got a lot of Airtable experts answering automation questions (both Make & non-Make) here