I have a base that stores plant information, including photos of each plant in an attachment field. I use a formula to put the attachment URL into a field. Here's what I do with that information to create a web map of my plants:
1. Download a CSV of a table that contains the relevant data, including the attachment URLs.
2. Upload the CSV into ArcGIS Online to serve as the data for a web map.
3. Use the Attachment URL field data to display the plant photos in map pop-ups. You can see the result here.
My attachment URLs are still working, but I know at some point they will switch to expiring URLs. I need to find an external storage solution that will allow me to do the following:
1. Easily (automatically?) upload attachments from Airtable to an external storage location.
2. Automatically link the new URL for each image so the Attachment URL field in Airtable now points to the storage location for each image. When I download the CSV from Airtable, I need a URL that points to the correct location for the image of each plant.
3. Update automatically whenever I upload a new image or replace a current image with a new image.
4. Be free or nearly free. I'm using my entire budget on Airtable and have literally no budget for extra storage or expensive automation services. This is one of the reasons I was able to convince my department to use Airtable in the first place. I work at a community college, and times are tough.
I would appreciate any help you can provide!