cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosta_Kondraten
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi,

I have a table called ‘Communiques’ which is linked to ‘Contact’ records. I want to be able to - when I create a new task record from Communiques to automatically have the ‘Contact’ filled in from the Contact associated from the Communiques table. Is this possible?

I have created a video to show what I mean:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Kosta. Since you have the contact in Communique, and Communique is linked to Tasks, you could then have a lookup field in Tasks that pulls in the contact from Communique (I assume to do filtering and grouping). Is that adequate?

Cheers!

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Kosta. Since you have the contact in Communique, and Communique is linked to Tasks, you could then have a lookup field in Tasks that pulls in the contact from Communique (I assume to do filtering and grouping). Is that adequate?

Cheers!

Hi,

That could be adequate - the only issue I see with that is that when I pull up a Contact I want to see all the related tasks to that contact - if the field is just a lookup field as you stated then it will not actually be associated with the Contact for me to be able to get a 3d view from the Contacts record.

Thanks

Hi,

Since I haven’t received a reply I thought I’d elaborate on exactly what I am after so there is no confusion using a video which you can view below:

Kosta_Kondraten
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Actually I just figured it out - the lookup fields actually include a link to the record - thanks this works pretty well.