Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Intelligently concatenating links to the same table

28 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKrug
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

I'm struggling with finding the right way to deal with multiple links between two tables.

I have a Base with a People table, and a Milestone table, as well as a Teams table. Milestones have an Owner (link to People), and several teams (link to Teams table). Each team has a link (multiple entries allowed) to the People table. 

This works great for assigning people to different roles on each milestone and have a singular Owner who is leading/responsible for the milestone.

However, I want to be able to go to the People table and have a list of all milestones a person is assigned to, no matter whether the person is the Owner or in a team. I have found a way to use a lookup to get all the milestones a person is assigned as a team member, but I need to add the Owner to this list. I don't want to do a simple formula doing a concatenate, because then I can't filter by People in the interface to show everything a person is working on in the calendar/timeline/lists.

So; How do I combine the "Milestones as Owner" link with the "Milestones as Team member" lookup into a single field I can filter/sort/group by?

1 Reply 1

Hmm, I think I'm missing something.  Let me know what I've got wrong with the setup below and we can take it from there

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 9.13.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 9.13.08 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 9.13.01 AM.png
Link to base